Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

D1 A2 - Discovering Aotearoa

Attribution: Samoans - Wikipedia

My Cultural Background: I am basically Polynesian, I'm 5 different cultures.
My dad is full Tongan, while my Mum is Cook Island, Swedish, Pakeha and NZ European.

My Granddad on my Mum's side is Swedish Pakeha and NZ European, meaning my Grandma is Cook Island.
My Papa and Nana on my Dad's side are both Tongan.

Nearly all of my Dad's side of the family that live in New Zealand have immigrated from Tonga. Though Most my younger cousins were born in New Zealand, most of my older ones were born in Tonga.

Attribution: Polynesian

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia

    I like how you explained where you and your family comes from.








    I will be posting tomorrow's 3 activity's as I am too lazy today.

    Well done, Good luck Amelia


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently working on my 3rd post now it should be posted soon!

      Delete
  2. Hey Amelia,

    Wow, It's fantastic to see that you have looked into and know so much about where your family have all come from, It's really cool that you can look at all these cultures and belong to them all. I hope you feel free to explore the different cultures you came from and feel proud to have this unique start that all adds to the wonderful you.

    Your post is really good, (to be honest, I'm not surprised as all your posts so far have looked really good and professional, you've definitely found a winning style that you've made your signature.) The images look great, and It's awesome to see you've attributed your images.

    I wonder if you could find out and teach me how to say hello in some of the languages you have a background in, like Cook island, Swedish and Tongan? I'd love to be able to learn how to say hello in more languages as I'm commenting on your blogs.

    Great stuff Amelia, I'll see you in the comments.
    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about